A P R I L


They say, "when it rains, it pours."  There's much truth to that statement.

April, you were not an easy month this year.
There were a lot of tears and anxiety.  A lot of assignments due and two tax exams taken.
A lot of time alone--a lot of time to think.
During much of the month, my homemaking and housekeeping skills were tested.  Some times I passed, much of the time I failed.
In the midst of all this busy-ness, I fell off my 5k training, and I haven't been able to get back to it.

But April, you also gave me a few, beautiful, unforgettable memories.
There were a couple deep conversations with some of my favorite people.
Someone opened my eyes to providence, and a purpose that God has for me right now.
I saw what it is like to know that you're dying--and how generous and kind people are.
There were some moment of true joy and happiness that outweighed all the bad days.

They say, "when it rains, it pours," but there are also rainbows after the storm.

2 comments :

  1. Amen!! What a great post, Gabrielle! Providence is a wonderful thing, and like you said, it helps us to see those little rainbows between storms. Easier said than done, of course, but our Catholic faith certainly makes that easier! :) Keep on trusting (and keep up the lovely work you do on this blog)!

    God bless,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete