To Make a Beginning


     How to make a beginning?  Beginnings are always difficult for me, and I struggle to find the right words.  I suppose, as the reader, you would like to know a little bit more about me and where I'm writing from.  The biggest influences on my writing are that I am a traditional Catholic, I love reading classic literature, and I am a college student.  My worldview is a Catholic one, my aspirational writing style is influenced by classic novels, and I am most likely to write about college life or on general college observations.

     Writing has not always been my favorite subject, and I always found it frustrating that I could not just sit down and write something but would have to wait until the right idea struck me, whether it was at my desk or while I was driving.  But now that I do not write for grades, I find that I miss it, so here’s my blog where I can write about whatever stirs my heart enough to put into words.

     If you would like to know why I named the blog, Quietly Pondering Truth, I will give you a reason.  It is because Christ, Our Lord, is Truth, and anyone searching for the Truth will find it in Him.  When we look at the world, and even ourselves, with eyes enlightened by Truth, we can see things as they really are and think about them with a Catholic worldview.  Since Christ is Truth, Truth is full of goodness and wisdom—beauty, sincerity, simplicity, and peace.  These are the things I'm striving towards and that is why I love pondering Truth.

God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth--to know Himself--so that by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.

Pope St. John Paul II 

No comments :

Post a Comment